It was short — we were short — but for me, it was beyond surreal. I could spend years searching for the perfect words to describe how it felt to be with someone like you, but it’s in the past and I suppose that it doesn’t really matter anymore (though I’ll probably never end my search for those beautiful words).
What does matter is that when I realized that our seeing less and less of each other meant that our fling could possibly be coming to an end, I didn’t let it fizzle quietly.
These are my favorites lessons from 45 life lessons you’ll never learn in school
1. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
2. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
3. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
4. Life is too short to waste time hating anyon3
5. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
6. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
7. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
8. The most important sex organ is the brain.
9. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
10. Forgive everyone everything.
11. What other people think of you is none of your business.
12. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
13. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
14. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.